The Queens Head is a family run pub and has been in the same hands for the last 12 years. Situated in Rothbury in the Heart of Northumberland it was built in 1792 and originally known as the Golden Fleece. The name was changed to The Queens Head to commemorate the accession of Queen Victoria to the throne in 1837. In 1877 the then proprietor, Mrs Temple, bought the old building next door and rebuilt it to extend The Queens Head into a Hotel and the Ground Floor still has the original lovely leaded windows.
Nowadays, classed as a 4 STAR Inn we hope to offer the same friendly welcome and level of service that has always been extended to visitors and locals alike in our well loved Hostelry.
The Queens Head is host to Rothbury Roots, a monthly music evening featuring the best of acoustic and British roots music with local, national and international performers in a very intimate setting. Visit the rothbury roots website for more details.