Services near me to do everything perfectly

Can an Immigration Services Consultancy Help with Super Visa Applications?

Super Visas are 10-year visas issued to parents, grandparents and children/grandchildren of Canadian citizens and permanent residents. It does not constitute a new immigration category but an extension of the Multiple-Entry Visa (MEV) program.

The Canadian visa application process can be complex and daunting, with multiple steps and requirements. It may even prove more complex for individuals from diverse backgrounds who may not be well-versed in the Canadian system. For instance, parents or grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents do not need a sponsor in order to apply directly to IRCC; provided they meet other eligibility criteria (age, health status, criminality), they can do so directly.

In addition to having knowledge of immigration policy and procedure, it is essential for those requiring the services of an immigration consultant to have one who understands their individual circumstances. For instance, Canadians whose parents or grandparents are not citizens or permanent residents may contact an immigration consultancy in Toronto, ON believing their family members qualify for a Super Visa; however, taking time to ensure your consultant fully comprehends all requirements related to your family members will guarantee success in fulfilling those demands.

It is essential to be aware that an immigration consultant cannot assist with obtaining a Super Visa; they can only give you information on how to meet the necessary criteria and explain any additional steps required in order for your family members to qualify.

While some of the Super Visa requirements are straightforward, others can be complex depending on your individual circumstances. For example, children and grandchildren cannot obtain a Super Visa unless they are in full-time attendance at an accredited post-secondary institution or under 19 and have never married or had children. To determine if these conditions apply to you, reach out to your school or local government offices for clarification.

Another confusing requirement is the “residency out of Canada” requirement. If your child or grandchild of a Canadian is seeking entry to Canada, they must first satisfy four years of residency outside Canada before being eligible for a Super Visa or any other type of visa. To determine if this applies to your family, determine when they last left Canada and determine when they last applied for entry into Canada – if within four years from when they sought entry they will not be eligible for such an immigration document.